HOW TO TEST
How to conduct the self-swabbing test for a combined throat and nose swab
- Ten minutes prior to swab collection, rinse mouth with water and refrain from eating, drinking or smoking.
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Peel open the swab wrapper and remove the swab. Do not touch the swab tip.
- Collect your sample by making sure the swab makes good contact with the back of the throat.
- Using the same swab, carefully insert the swab 2-3cm horizontally into one nostril.
- Rotate the swab 5 times in the nostril and leave in position for 10 seconds to allow material to absorb.
- Without touching the swab tip, carefully open the collection tube and insert the swab into the tube.
- Making sure that the swab tip is in contact with Preservative Solution, break the swab shaft at the indicated break-point, leaving the swab tip in the collection tube. Discard tube shaft and wrapper.
- Replace collection tube cap tightly.